France and Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba have decided to extend his hand of philathropism to the African Nations through granting scholarship for the young ones who wants to further their studies to help elevate young talented Africans. The world cup winner bought 10,000 slots in Sheffield University for Africans who are ever willing to pursue their undergraduate, postgraduate, masters and research programme in the university.
The University of Sheffield (informally Sheffield University) is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School (founded in 1828), Firth College (1879) and Sheffield Technical School (1884).
Sheffield is a multi-campus university predominantly over two campus areas: the Western Bank and the St George’s. The university is organised into five academic faculties composed of multiple departments. The Sheffield School of Medicine was founded in 1828, followed in 1879 by the opening of Firth College, which developed out of the Cambridge University Extension Movement scheme, by Mark Firth, a steel manufacturer, to teach arts and science subjects.
- Application Deadline:
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing both undergraduate and postgraduate taught programme .
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Architecture, Electronic and electrical engineering, Civil and environmental engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Design manufacture and engineering management, Mechanical and aerospace engineering, Chemical and process engineering, Naval architecture, ocean, marine engineering and other health related courses
- Scholarship Award: Free
- Nationalities: Scholarships are open to only African students.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Africa
Eligibility for Application:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to only African students Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Entrance Requirements: This award is open to an international fee-paying student from Africa who has applied to a postgraduate taught degree for November 2018 start date. Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications to be granted the scholarship. There is no age limit applying to the scholarships for study purposes. However, at the time of the application, no more than 8 years should have passed since an applicant graduated from his/her previous bachelor or master studies.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
Every applicant has to fill in the first basic application form below before they can access the full form.