The New Australian Government Awards Fully Funded BSc and Masters Scholarships -Apply Now
Applications are invited for Australian Government Awards for students of Asia, Pacific, Africa and Middle East. Scholarships are available to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
- Application Deadline: not specified
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
- Study Subject: Study programs must relate to applicants country’s priority areas for development. These are listed on the participating country profiles.
- Scholarship Award: The Awards are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment allowance—a once only payment of A$5,000 as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE)
- Number of Scholarships: Various scholarships are available.
- Nationality: Asia, Pacific, Africa, Middle East
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Students of participating countries can apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships. Asia, Pacific, Africa, Middle East
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible to receive an Australia Awards Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the scholarship
- Be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship
- Not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilisation phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa (subclass 500) and not be current serving military personnel
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
- English Language Requirements: An applicant or awardee will meet DFAT’s English language requirements for receiving an Australia Awards Scholarship.
Introduction – Before you apply:
- Go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). When you register online, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your eligibility. You will then be given a unique registration number, username and password.
Once you have checked the opening and closing dates for your country, refer to the Participating Country Profile to see which method of application they will accept.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online or post.