The United Nations University – Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT) and its School of Governance at Maastricht University (UM) is pleased to announce the 2019 Merit Scholarship Program which is provided to Interested individuals who are willing to pursue a degree at the Institution.
Applications Deadline: 15 February 2019 at midnight CET
Eligible Countries: Any
Eligible Field Of Study: Innovation, Economics and Governance for Development
- A Master’s degree from a relevant academic field, including:
– economics, international relations, political science, law, social sciences, business administration, health sciences or public health
- Basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
- Basic knowledge of economics, social sciences, political science and/or law, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
- Proficiency in English, with a minimum level of 600 PBT / 240 CBT / 100 IBT for the TOEFL or 7.0 for the IELTS (native speakers of English and students who received their Bachelor’s or Master’s education in English are exempt). Maastricht University’s TOEFL code is 7102.
Application Process: Complete this online form.
The following are required during application;
- Certified copies of your certificates and grades and an explanation of the grading system
- Proof of English proficiency
- A motivation letter of 400 – 500 words
- Three letters of recommendation (in English only) by current or former professors or employers
- One-page essay indicating the topic of research interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your passport
- Passport size photo
- Full information about your present study and/or job